This is about my birthday
Here are my top 5 Birthday Moments
5. Getting to the bar and having my nails glow under the UV light because the black-light activated nail polish I put on actually worked.
4. Pizza and fries at my surprise pre-party and champagne at the party-party.
3. Being serenaded not once but TWICE. The first one being by a sexy, gorgeous, lovely man in a red thong singing an acoustic version of “Let’s Get It On.” The second one being when I was given my cake and instead of “Happy Birthday” being sung, it was R. Kelly’s “I Believe I Can Fly.”
2. Having a surprise party thrown for me. I’m pretty convinced that no one can surprise me because I’m too suspicious and too controlling, but my amazing friends managed to do just that. And then I cried. Also I spent the first hour of my own surprise party in the bathroom curling my hair because I hadn’t finished getting ready. Things included at that surprise party: a nail polish booth where you could do your nails, fries and pizza, lemon, lime, orange vodka jello shooters.
1. The next day while suffering through an apocalyptic hangover thinking about how fucking lucky I am to just have the most thoughtful, caring, wonderful, generous, amazing friends who go above and beyond.
I probably had the best birthday I’ve ever had this year and it was all because of them. So if you’re reading this and if I saw you last night or you sent lovely birthday wishes my way, I would just like to say thank you so much. It’s very hard for me to express my more vulnerable side, but last night was so overwhelmingly amazing, that it’s important to me to make sure you know how much I appreciate and how grateful I am to have the friends that I have. The greatest gift of all is knowing that I’m surrounded by so much love. Not even all of the glitter in the world could outshine my beautiful and wonderful friends.
Thank you. I am the luckiest girl in the world.